Previous Suttilak Art HighLight Collection 2008

Bid my art at eBay.com

Now, some of my artworks are available on eBay dot com. Simply use the key word Suttilak and search for my art there!

I hope you enjoy my art :) By the way, don't for get. Just use Suttilak and search for my art at www dot ebay dot com. Thanks!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

5/12/2008

Let's talk about Thai classical music.

This is me and my Jakay (jà-kây),
a three-stringed musical.

The two pictures above took when I was a 4th year student of the faculty of fine and applied arts - Khon Kaen University.

Jakay is my favorite Thai pick instrument. If you want to play this instrument you have to bind its pick ( the pick looks like a pencil) with your index finger of your right hand and use your left hand to make melodies.

And this is my friend and a Saw Sam Sai,
(sor săam săai) a three-stringed fiddle.

If you take a look at each picture carefully you will see each instrument is decorated with a garland elegantly.

A garland is very popular using in Thai traditional ceremony. It's also popular to use to decorate Thai classical instrument. Not only makes beauty, a garland is so sweet smell too. In Thailand, most of garlands made of jasmines, white Champakas, roses and etc.

Next time I will show you some of my photographs that I took by myself. It's just like a nostalgia fashion from a magazine! Well, I and my friends had thought about being as a fashion model, and we wanted to take some photographs with our favorite Thai classical instruments, and wanted to make it just like a fashion show in the magazine.

So... the result is just WONDERFUL!!

1 comment:

Ice said...

Thanks to this post that I know what are the names of the Thai traditional musical instruments.